Which is why many reputable companies use EDMs to stay remembered and keep in constant contact with their database.
EDMs are all about communicating with your audience as you would if you could meet them in person. It’s a way to be heard, recognised and to build trust. Distributing regular EDMs to your audience enables you to provide a gentle reminder about your services.
EDMs in the marketing world have been classed as incredibly valuable, on the same scale as Social Media. It’s important to continuously capture your audience and stay at the forefront of their minds.
But how do you ensure your email campaigns not only stand out above the masses but get the results you are anticipating?
Here are some tips:
- Be consistent with your scheduling: If your audience is used to receiving an update from your company at a particular time and day of the week, schedule this accordingly. It’s important to remain predictable and consistent. This is a wonderful way to maintain trust, however ensure your content is strong to keep them on their toes. If you are successful, they may even get into the routine of specifically checking for your EDM at the same time each week.
- Timing is everything: Ensure your email campaigns are sent at the right time! Explore your market, know their activities and predict the most effective time to be noticed. Friday afternoons are always a bad idea as people tend to take annual leave on a Friday and are less likely to be in a work mindset. Monday morning inboxes are always a little too busy, they are flooded with higher priority emails, so yours may get lost or pushed aside.
- Create eye opening (email opening) subject lines: The first hurdle you face when sending an EDM is to ensure they get opened. For this reason, crafting a powerful subject line is everything!! In order to stand out in a cluttered inbox you need a subject line which ignites curiosity and provides a potential solution to a problem or a need. Being direct is key, keep it short and sweet and keep it relevant.
- Avoid becoming a junk mail victim: In order to dodge the spam filter you need to avoid salesy words like “free”, “competition” ,“discount” and “win” in your subject line. Ensure there is copy in the actual email not just in image form, this certainly helps when it comes to bypassing most filters.
- Reveal the face behind your business: People connect with the personality behind the business, it gives them a sense of trust and intrigue. Consider including a video in your EDM to better express your message. There’s nothing more powerful than the voice of experience. Try an introduction video so your audience can get to know your entire team and showcase what they bring to the table.
- Keep it simple: Good simple copy is key, ensure it short, sweet, fluff free, nicely worded and real. It needs to be helpful, something they can take away with them. Draw your message to a simplistic call to action button and watch them flock to your website.
At Milestone-Belanova we create powerful and creative EDMs that get through the barriers and gets results. This is through well designed, punchy copywriting and segmented data management.
We have an in-house team with the right experience and capabilities to plan, design, develop, analyse and optimise targeted email campaigns. We can make your business look great through tailored creative messaging and professional designs, which will be executed through tried and tested platforms such as Infusionsoft and Mailchimp.
Don’t remain silent – wake up your business through regular digital marketing campaigns, what have you go to lose.